Specialist Criminal Defence Lawyers
Stary Norton Halphen is the largest specialist criminal law practice in Melbourne, and all lawyers in the firm practice exclusively in Criminal Law.
Six of the Lawyers are Accredited Criminal Law Specialists, namely:
- Partners - Robert Stary, Sam Norton and Andrew Halphen, and
- Senior Associates - Tim Smurthwaite and Jarrod Behan
- Senior Lawyer - Nicole Spicer
At Stary Norton Halphen, our dedicated professionals are focused on providing specialist expert services in criminal law, leaving other forms of law to other firms. We regularly appear in the Supreme, County, Magistrates’ and Children’s Courts.
We have Criminal Defence Lawyers located at each of our 5 sites, including our new office in Werribee. Each office is able to undertake legally aided or privately funded matters.
Remember Criminal Law is our sole legal focus.
Typical cases include:
- Culpable driving, drink driving, drug driving and traffic offences;
- Any dishonesty, theft or fraud offences;
- Sexual offences;
- Drug matters;
- Assault and Property Damage;
- Bail applications; and
- Crimes family violence cases.
We have 16 Lawyers available to manage your matter and represent you.
We have highly experienced advocates on staff to represent you at court. In addition we have access to an outstanding panel of Barristers whom we appoint with full knowledge of their strengths and relevance to our clients needs.