Stary Norton Halphen is a specialist Criminal Defence Law firm.
Lawyer and Support roles at Stary Norton Halphen provide exceptional career experience and the opportunity to further develop the skills of already talented and passionate people.
If you would like to register your interest for upcoming employment opportunities, whether as a:
- Legal Trainee,
- Legal Secretary or
- Support role.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Clerk(Legal)/Book Keeper/Administration Position Available
Stary Norton Halphen is a well established medium sized legal practice specialising in criminal law.
We have 5 offices. This position is located at our Werribee office .
We are seeking an experienced Legal Bookkeeper/Accounts Clerk to fill a permanent part time position, to assist our Accounts Manager. The Position consists of afternoon shifts per day with an additional 2 full days per month,
The role with involve reporting to the Accounts Manager and Business Manager, whilst also supporting all the lawyers and administration staff in the 5 offices.
The role combines legal and Trust accounting and general office duties, including but limited to:
- Data entry of all invoices
- Reconciliations of clients matters
- Bank reconciliations
- End of month and weekly reports
- Assist with any trust account compliance issues and assist to trust audit requests
- Oversee creditors
- Receipting and Reconciliations including daily EFT's
- Daily banking
- Manage printed stationery
- Assist in an administration capacity
- At least 2-3 years experience as a book keeper /accounts clerk in a legal environment.
- Affinity experience would be desirable
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to prioritise own work and work autonomously when required.
- Good time management skills
- Willing to learn and adhere to policies and procedures
For more information, or to apply for this position, please click here
Stary Norton Halphen provides significant work experience opportunities to students undertaking professional and sub professional legal courses. Unfortunately we are not able to provide suitable work experience for secondary school students.